Sunday, August 17, 2008

Earring Holder

So, as I was shopping the other day for birthday gifts for two little girls I used to babysit, I ended up getting myself a little something. It was on sale, and well, sales are my vices. Anyways, I came home and went to put away the new jewelry and realized that my jewelry boxes were overflowing and I hadn't worn half the earrings I had because they were buried. I needed something to hang up the jewelry but I didn't like the wire mesh stands they sold at Clair's because it took up too much space and then after some internet browsing, I came up with my own.


Here is an old frame that I no longer could use since the glass was broken and wasn't worth replacing. Remove the backing so you have just the frame.
















I bought two 36" dowel rods from Michael's craft store for $0.29 each. I cut them down to the size to fit into the frame and painted them.















I glued the rods onto the back of the frame. I spaced them unevenly because my earrings are all different sizes. I left a big space at the bottom for necklaces/bracelets. You can add more rods for just an earring stand.















Here is the final product with my earrings on them. When you mount it to the wall, leave at least a one inch space or else your earrings will touch the wall and won't hang properly. You can mount thin blocks on the back of the frame and then mount it to the wall.





















Frame - Originally $8.99, but worth maybe $2.00
Dowel Rods - 2 at $0.29
Paint - $0.50 each color for new tube
Total: $2.79

1 comments:

colleen

Love it! I can't wait to make one for my house. :)

Blogger template 'RedCrayon' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008